Dear Elevation Families,
In an effort to maintain a healthy environment for dancers, parents, and faculty at Elevation each and every day, thank you for taking a moment to read this important message.
We can all do our part…here’s how!
- Teachers & staff will wipe down surfaces & classroom barres before and after each class. (Students should plan to wipe weights, blocks and mats after each use.)
- If a teacher is sick, they are advised to stay home. Thank you for understanding that in these situations, we will have subs in place whenever possible but if we cannot find a teacher, we will cancel the class rather than put your child at risk.
IF YOUR CHILD AND/OR A SIBLING IS SICK, PLEASE KEEP THEM HOME FOR AT LEAST 24 HOURS AFTER THEY ARE FEELING BETTER. Even if they REALLY, REALLY want to come to dance. (For a list of questionable symptoms please scroll to the bottom of this message.)
- Wash hands well and often!
- Sneeze / cough into your elbow / a tissue.
- Don’t touch your face, the mirrors, or each other.
Please note that all content in this message is not to replace advice from your medical health advisors.
If you or your child has the following symptoms, please call your Primary Care Provider for guidance, and stay home.
- Fever – 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher. Remember that you should be fever free for 24 hours WITHOUT the use of fever-reducing medication before returning.
- Fever with Cough – a fever of over 100 degrees Fahrenheit plus a cough could indicate a virus that needs attention from a medical provider. Please call your healthcare provider.
- Shortness of Breath – difficulty breathing especially if it affects talking or walking, feeling of tightness in the chest, wheezing, blue/dusky color around lips or beds of nails. This could be serious, please call your healthcare provider or 911.
- Eyes – thick with mucus, pus draining, pink eye. With pink eye you may see white or yellow discharge, matted eyelids after sleep, eye pain and/or redness.
- Sore throat – especially with fever or swollen glands in the neck. With Strep throat, the child may return to school after 24 hours on antibiotics.
- Diarrhea – three or more watery stools in a 24 hour period
- Vomiting – two or more times in a 24 hour period
Keeping our dance family healthy, happy and safe!
Elevation Dance Studio